Friday, January 14, 2011

LAURIE ZUCKERMAN'S PERSONAL HOME ALTAR TO HER FATHER GEORGE ZUCKERMAN, 1996

Laurie Beth Zuckerman's "My Father's Altar" 1996-2011

Laurie Beth Zuckerman's "My Father's Altar" 1996-2011

Laurie Zuckerman shares her home altar dedicated to her father George Zuckerman, who passed away in 1996. This altar has been developing for more than fourteen years. This is the state it was in during my exhibit at the Loveland Museum in the fall of 2009, here in Northern Colorado. I am sharing this image so that my viewers can see the entire context for my current blog title image, a closeup of the top of this cabinet. My father's personal papers, books, letters, and a few belongings are stored inside this cabinet. I refer to it as a library altar. The altar lives permanently in my bedroom when it is not on display. Please feel free to ask questions or make comments about this home altar.

3 comments:

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Even more meaningful now that I know the context of the blog image. An inspiration for me...

Annie Jeffries said...

I am currently in the process of removing a lot of clutter and possessions in my life. I've been speaking to that on my blog lately.

The unspoke question in my mind has been "when all if finished, then what"? Your shrine has answered my question. I have two generations of treasures from parents and grandparents. I had thought to make individual shrines from them and I still may, but I had not thought of a combined shrine until I read this post (or something so large for that matter). I thank you for that.

turquoise cro said...

This is EXQUISITE and soOOOo meaningful and touching, I LOVE it!